Monday, March 11, 2013

RiteBite Max Protein Choco Slim Cereal Bar


Since I resumed my obsession for the gym, some of these 'healthy' things have been making way into my supermarket basket. Yeah, yeah, I know about health bars having a dubious reputation for doing more bad than good. But when I spotted this new 'chocolate' product by RiteBite, I had to try it out at least once.


Naturell India Pvt. Ltd makes this range of 'healthy' bars under the brand name, RiteBite and sells under categories like Snack Bars, Breakfast Bars, Diet Bars, Healthy Snacking Bars, and now, Protein Bars. They are often available in sugar and sugar-free varieties and some even have Women's specials! Their latest addition are the Protein Bars, which come in three flavours. I picked up the Choco Slim one, but the other two are Choco Fudge and Honey Lemon.


I don't know about the other two flavours, but the RiteBite Max Protein Choco Slim tastes pretty much like glorified, chocolate-flavoured cardboard. Don't ask me when I've eaten cardboard, but take my word for it. I'm guessing the other two won't be too different. But one can't expect much taste from a bar that's made of a blend of soy, whey protein, wheat, oats, flaxseed, and nuts among other things. There is no sugar and some cocoa solids are the only saving grace.



The bar sounds all healthy with its 5 g of fibre, 21 vitamins and 20 g of protein (which is a lot!) in a 67 g bar and may be a good snack option for those working out regularly. However, its price (INR 99) and palatability are its low points.

RATING: 2.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like